Keith Richards, the co-founder, guitarist, and the secondary vocalist of the Rolling Stones is partnering with leading NFT marketplace in the music industry OneOf and Julien’s Auctions to auction a signed black Gibson ES-335 gloss acoustic-electric guitar accompanied by a four-second NFT of Keith signing the guitar at NYC’s Germano Studios.
All 100% of proceeds from Keith Richards’ sale will go to MusiCares, the leading music charity founded by The Recording Academy, which provides preventive, emergency, and recovery programs for the music community, as well as financial grants, support resources, and crisis relief efforts.
Julien’s Auctions is a world-renowned auction house based in California. Some of the most famous objects have been auctioned in Julien’s Auctions.
Think of Michael Jackson’s signature white glove, his white socks, and the jacket he wore in his 1983 “Thriller” music video.
A 1915 prototype for Coca-Cola’s iconic bottle and Marilyn Monroe’s “Happy Birthday, Mr. President” dress (Now listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most expensive gown ever bought at auction).
OneOf: A Success Story
OneOf is a Tezos-based music platform that utilizes NFTs to enable fans and collectors to obtain music and art created by their favorite artists. At launch, the platform offered 1,000,000 free NFTs that could be collected by new users.
Since its launch, the platform has had several successful drops by music stars like Doja Cat who sold a “One Of” 1/1 NFT for $188,888 USD.
Rap star The Game, Chief Keef X ColourfulMula, and DJ Alesso have an NFT series on OneOf.
The Chief Keef X ColourfulMula NFT drop launched a generative series from which kicked off with a presale of 444 NFT’s that sold out in 37 seconds.
The Whitney Houston NFT Collection broke a Tezos record with an auction that concluded with a $1,000,000 sale.
On top of all this OneOf will be the official NFT partner of the Grammy Awards for the next three years.
This will bring NFT collectibles to the Grammy Awards, and they will be registered on the Tezos blockchain.
The Five Levels Of Rarity In The One Of Platform:
– OneOf: The ultra-rare, bid-only tier which contains just 1 edition of an artist’s most exclusive NFT. This tier often includes once-in-a-lifetime experiences with the artist, unreleased music, VIP concert tickets, and more.
– Diamond: This extremely limited tier, often containing 25 or fewer editions, features exclusive content, rare interviews or performances, VIP concert tickets, and more. Editions could be available for purchase or bidding, depending on the drop.
– Platinum: This limited edition tier often contains less than 1,000 editions, is priced affordably and purchasable via credit or debit cards, and often includes very limited assets and rare content. Select editions may include concert tickets, experiential opportunities, and more.
– Gold: An accessible tier that still features limited editions. Gold tier NFTs allow everyday music fans the opportunity to engage with and own a piece from their favorite artist’s collections.
This tier could have anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands of editions, available for under $100 and purchasable via credit or debit cards.
– Green: The most accessible tier that allows everyday fans to receive an NFT for FREE by taking an action to improve the community, or through making a donation to a top charitable cause.