PangeaSeed Foundation Will Launch A Dedicated NFT Collection On Kalamint As A Fundraiser During Earth Week 2021 For Ocean Preservation
PangeaSeed Foundation will launch a dedicated NFT collection on Kalamint as a fundraiser, during Earth Week 2021, for ocean preservation.
PangeaSeed Foundation is a globally engaged nonprofit organization with one main goal: accomplish meaningful and positive environmental change for oceans. One of their strategies to spread awareness and a change in attitude, is through art with their program “Sea Walls: Artists for Oceans”. With over 400 murals in 17 countries across the world, Sea Walls unites and engages communities on a global scale, inspiring them to become better ocean stewards.
PangeaSeed Foundation takes part in yearly Earth Day awareness activities, and will be holding an NFT fundraiser throughout Earth Week this year. Because of the fact that PangeaSeed Foundation has a very large network of today’s most renowned contemporary artists, creating and selling NFT’s would be a perfect fit to reach a worldwide audience for a fundraiser.
“To empower individuals and communities to create meaningful environmental change for oceans through Science, Education, and ARTivism (S.E.A.).”
Due to the growing awareness of the enormous energy consumption of most blockchains like Ethereum, PangeaSeed Foundation was excited to discover Tezos. The Tezos blockchain uses a Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus protocol to verify transactions, requiring an estimated 25 million times less energy than Bitcoin, or 1.5 million times less energy than Ethereum.
Today, they announce their “Protect what you love” collection on Kalamint.
“Having released over 140 physical fine art print editions through our Printed Oceans program over the past decade, we’re excited to be expanding our work into the NFT space in a mindful, mission-aligned way.
By partnering with Kalamint on this project, we are showing planet-conscious creatives that there are ways to participate in this emerging space without having to rely on energy-intensive blockchains, such as Ethereum.”
(Tre’ Packard, PangeaSeed Foundation Founder and Executive Director.)
The “Protect What You Love” Collection
Launching on April 19, the collection will contain Genesis releases and only remains available until Sunday, April 25th 2021.
The collection will entail various artworks by artists, who will utilize their personal and unique creative lens to visualize how marine environmental issues, such as biodiversity loss, warming seas, coastal development, overfishing, plastic pollution, and ocean acidification, are impacting the ocean and what’s at stake.
Curated by PangeaSeed Foundation, the collection will feature NFT artworks created by the following 20 globally renowned artists:
- Alex Maltsev – Twitter / Instagram
- Andy Thomas – Instagram
- Anna McNaught – Twitter / Instagram
- Beau Stanton – Twitter / Instagram
- Claire Droppert – Twitter / Instagram
- Dan Tom – Twitter / Instagram
- John Chan | Swolf – Twitter / Instagram
- Jon Burgerman – Twitter / Instagram
- Justin Mays – Twitter / Instagram
- Kelsey Johnson – Twitter / Instagram
- Ladislas Chachignot – Twitter / Instagram
- Marco Zagara – Twitter / Instagram
- Pogo – Twitter / Instagram
- Shaun Ryken – Twitter / Instagram
- Steph Edwards – Instagram
- Stillman – Twitter / Instagram
- Ted Chin – Twitter / Instagram
- Tre’ Packard – Instagram
- Von Wong – Twitter / Instagram
Combined, the participating artists, have a reach of over 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
“No matter where you are in the world, your lifestyle and consumption habits have positive and negative effects on every animal (including humans) and ecosystem on the planet. In short, like Pangea the supercontinent, we are all connected.”
“We’re thrilled to have PangeaSeed Foundation on Kalamint. Their collection ‘Protect What You Love’ highlights the importance of the world’s oceans as well as Kalamint’s mission for ‘Clean NFTs’ with a clear focus on minimal impact to the environment. We’re certainly looking forward for a long and impactful collaboration”
(Sandeep Sangli, Co-Founder of Kalamint)
How To Buy Art On Kalamint
Through education, awareness and action we are working together to solve this environmental crisis.”
The ocean is our planet’s life-support system:
– 70% of the earth’s oxygen comes from the seas, supplying every second breath we take.
– The seas currently remove nearly a third of all carbon emissions from the atmosphere, roughly 22 million tons a day.
– In the past fifty years, Oceans have absorbed 90% of the heat caused by greenhouse gases.
– Close to half of the world’s population lives within the coastal zone due to availability of food and economic potential.
– Ocean-based businesses contribute more than $500 billion to the world’s economy.
– A sixth of the animal protein consumed by humans comes from the sea.
Any content found on this website named xtz.news is an opinion of the author who produced the content and is for information purposes only. Any information, or content found within the website xtz.news is not intended to be investment or financial advice. Find our full disclaimer here.