American Personal Finance Company SoFi Adds Tezos To Its Invest Platform
American personal finance company SoFi (Social Finance) has added Tezos to its invest platform. Tezos is one of 20 crypto assets that have been added to the platform.
SoFi (Social Finance) are an American personal finance company based in San Francisco.
SoFi offer “a suite of financial products that includes student loan refinancing, mortgages, personal loans, credit card, investing and banking through both their mobile app and desktop interfaces”.
SoFi recently benefited from the RobinHood drama and enjoyed over 121,000 downloads in a month as a result.
Just recently Chamath Palihapitiya’s SPAC IPOE spiked after setting date for SoFi vote. SPACs are ‘Special Purpose Acquisition Companies’ and IPOE announced in early January that it would take SoFi public at $8.65B valuation.
SoFi sees some of the highest revenue of so called Fintech Neo Banking Apps:
SoFi And Tezos
SoFi recently announced that 15 new coins had dropped onto the app to add to the 5 existing coins and one of those coins included Tezos. On listing any crypto assets SoFi state:
“We generally evaluate cryptocurrencies on a number of key factors before we decide they should be made available to trade on the SoFi Invest platform:
- Feasibility: We can establish a custody and trading solution with a trusted partner (e.g., Coinbase, which does not trade Dogecoin).
- Asset Values: The asset aligns with SoFi’s values, such as promoting financial inclusion and economic freedom.
- Legal and Compliance: We can legally offer the asset, per SoFi Crypto’s current licensing.
- Market Supply: Meets liquidity standards, including market capitalization and distribution of volume.
- Market Demand: Demand internally from both SoFi members and externally from developers, the community, and external stakeholders.
- Technology: The code is open-source with a demonstrated track record of governance, scalability, security, and backed by a strong engineering team and growing community of contributors.”
The full list of coins included:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Uniswap (UNI)
- Filecoin (FIL)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Aave (AAVE)
- Cosmos (ATOM)
- Tezos (XTZ)
- The Graph (GRT)
- Algorand (ALGO)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- Compound (COMP)
- Maker (MKR)
- finance (YFI)
- Synthetix (SNX)
Any content found on this website named xtz.news is an opinion of the author who produced the content and is for information purposes only. Any information, or content found within the website xtz.news is not intended to be investment or financial advice. Find our full disclaimer here.