Rocket Launchpad is an Initial DEX Offering (IDO) platform on the Tezos blockchain. It enables projects to hold presales in a decentralized, secure, predictable, and fair manner by using smart contracts for the token sales. The rocket team never handles any funds and is simply the supplier of smart contracts that handle the process.
You can see the Rocket baker in action here.
The Rocket team does have a vetting process before projects can start their presale on the Rocket launchpad.
“All projects selected to launch on Rocket will be vetted for code, quality as well as their overall objective to grow their product and the Tezos ecosystem.”
You can find more extensive info on Rocket Launchpad here.
Rocket Launchpad is currently live on Tezos and has had its first successful presale: the GOeureka presale (which simultaneously launched their presale on Instaraise, the other IDO platform that is currently live on Tezos).
Next up: the $GIF presale. GIF tokens will be the governance token for the Gif.games. Gif.games is currently producing the highly anticipated real time strategy game Tezotopia.
Now, Rocket Launchpad has started up their corporate baker. A company that sets up a Tezos node, is playfully called a corporate baker.
These companies often include the decision to start up a node into their strategy to build applications on Tezos. A Corporate baker is not a special type of baker with any special position within the Tezos ecosystem.
The fact that this baker will be run by a corporation simply emphasizes the amount of trust and involvement corporations show in the Tezos blockchain.
Additionally, setting up a node/ baker, enables them to play an active role in the democratic Tezos protocol and have a voice in the direction of core protocol development via amendment upgrades.
It essentially gives them a stake in the blockchain that they are running programs and applications on.
Other corporate bakers
Rocket Launchpad joins an increasing group of companies that are running a corporate baker on Tezos. There are now at least 9 corporate bakers in the Tezos ecosystem. Other corporate bakers include:
– Ubisoft, a multi-national gaming giant that are known for large video game franchises including Rayman, Rabbids, Prince of Persia, Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and the Tom Clancy’s series. They are considered to be one of the biggest games companies in the world.
– Wakam, an Insurance company that creates white-label and tailor-made insurance solutions for its distributor partners and clients. Wakam, based in Paris, operates with over 120 employees and offers many B2B insurance services to large partners and clients.
– Exaion EDF Group, a subsidiary of EDF, the second largest electric utility company in Europe with a yearly revenue of $ 70 billion, over 152,000 employees and partly owned by the French state. Exaion EDF Group specializes in high performance computing and is a cloud provider for blockchain solutions.
– Taurus, offers enterprise-grade market infrastructure solutions for digital assets as well as other financial services to institutional clients.
– Sword Group, a French, international, software, consulting and services company, created in 2000 and present in 19 countries.
– The Blockchain Group, a global umbrella organization of engineers and entrepreneurs with end mission to create a blockchain-powered ecosystem that allows businesses to harness the power of decentralized energy through its various divisions.
– Nisbah Capital (Taibah Valley). Nisbah Capital is the blockchain subsidiary of Saudi Arabia-based Taibah Valley.
– Smartlink, a decentralized escrow smart contract platform built on Tezos.
You can also find a full list of Tezos corporate bakers here.