Equisafe was the first STO platform to tokenize real estate on the Tezos blockchain.
In March 2020, the first STO on Tezos took place on the Equisafe platform. This was done at the “French Tech Night” at the Consulat général de France in New York.
The tokenized property was the “Pavillon de musique de la comtesse de Provence” in Versailles.
The property is officially classified as a historic monument, built in the style of Neoclassical architecture by the French King Louis XVI in 1784.
The architect was Jean-François Chalgrin and he also built the Luxembourg Palace in Paris, which is now the Seat of the French Senate.
Since then, the platform has seen enormous growth. One billion Euro total value in assets is currently managed through Equisafe, €210 million in STO’s has been financed through the platform, over 7,000 registered investors have an account, and it has seen €22.7 million total trading volume to date.
As Equisafe recently announced, they have started up their own Tezos node as a corporate baker. They become the 22nd Tezos corporate baker. A company that sets up a Tezos node, is playfully called a corporate baker.
A Corporate baker is not a special type of baker with any special position within the Tezos ecosystem. The fact that this baker will be run by a corporation simply emphasizes the amount of trust and involvement corporations show in the Tezos blockchain.
Additionally, setting up a node/ baker, enables them to play an active role in the democratic Tezos protocol and have a voice in the direction of core protocol development via amendment upgrades.
It essentially gives them a stake in the blockchain that they are running programs and applications on.
Some Other Corporate Bakers
– Ubisoft, a multi-national gaming giant that are known for large video game franchises including Rayman, Rabbids, Prince of Persia, Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and the Tom Clancy’s series. They are considered to be one of the biggest games companies in the world.
– Wakam, an Insurance company that creates white-label and tailor-made insurance solutions for its distributor partners and clients. Wakam, based in Paris, operates with over 120 employees and offers many B2B insurance services to large partners and clients.
– Exaion EDF Group, a subsidiary of EDF, the second largest electric utility company in Europe with a yearly revenue of $ 70 billion, over 152,000 employees and partly owned by the French state.
Exaion EDF Group specializes in high performance computing and is a cloud provider for blockchain solutions.
– Taurus, offers enterprise-grade market infrastructure solutions for digital assets as well as other financial services to institutional clients.
– Sword Group, a French, international, software, consulting and services company, created in 2000 and present in 19 countries.
– The Blockchain Group, a global umbrella organization of engineers and entrepreneurs with end mission to create a blockchain-powered ecosystem that allows businesses to harness the power of decentralized energy through its various divisions.
– Nisbah Capital (Taibah Valley). Nisbah Capital is the blockchain subsidiary of Saudi Arabia-based Taibah Valley.
– Smartlink, a decentralized escrow smart contract platform built on Tezos.
You can also find a full list of Tezos corporate bakers here.