Altme: Decentralized Identity In The Tezos Ecosystem
Altme has launched a “Self-Sovereign Identity” (SSI) digital wallet on Android and iOS, making Tezos one of the first Web 3 ecosystems to offer a fully decentralized identity (DID) solution.
Web 2.0, which is built on centralized systems, has resulted in a handful of technology giants controlling all users’ personal information in centralized databases, creating numerous security and privacy issues.
To address these challenges, Altme has launched a “Self-Sovereign Identity” (SSI) digital wallet on Android and iOS, making Tezos one of the first Web 3 ecosystems to offer a fully decentralized identity (DID) solution.
Using the SSI open standard, Altme allows users to take complete control of their data and offers 3 major advantages:
- Unbeatable security: Users data are encrypted and stored on the phone. Goodbye to centralized databases ! Each user is now in control of their information.
- Powerful confidentiality: During a data exchange, Altme allows you to share only the requested information, without revealing any other data.
- And the power to monetize data: Each user can decide to monetize part of their data in exchange for benefits such as membership cards, loyalty cards, etc… Altme is putting an end to unwanted commercial exploitation of data.
Altme is not just a new type of digital wallet but a full decentralized identity solution that can be used by all Web 3 projects (Gaming, Finance, DAO…), whether for regulatory reasons or simply to improve their knowledge about their user base (Nationality, Age range, Verified email, etc.).
By integrating Altme, each project can:
- Benefit from simplified onboarding thanks to a reusable KYC that avoids setting up an identity verification for each new user ;
- Obtain verification of identity information from their users like their age, nationality, their email… in a decentralized manner ;
- Boost acquisition and loyalty through the implementation of loyalty cards, membership cards, exclusive passes, etc ;
- Eliminate bots, fake accounts and trolls from their community ;
As Hugo MIR, Chief Marketing Officer and CPO of Altme, says:
“Our goal is to support all web 3 projects that want to integrate the future standard of identity.”
Furthermore, the Web 3 ecosystem will soon no longer be the only one to benefit from the advantages of SSI since the European Union wants the digital identity of all Europeans to be accessible through this technology to lay the foundation of a new decentralized and confidential data infrastructure.
Altme is built on the technology developed by TALAO, one of the pioneering actors of the Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) and Decentralized Identity (DIDs) ecosystem since 2017.
To learn more about Altme : https://altme.io
Any content found on this website named xtz.news is an opinion of the author who produced the content and is for information purposes only. Any information, or content found within the website xtz.news is not intended to be investment or financial advice. Find our full disclaimer here.